The online magazine on the history and operation of vintage scale model trains in American OO gauge

Monday, August 26, 2013

A Graceline Troop Sleeper

Graceline introduced their OO gauge troop sleeper in 1944 (more here). It had long been an item I wanted to own, and another project recently completed is the below.

This example came in some items from William Gilbert. As noted in the article from when I painted the model, the roof was off. Why it was off I have no idea. I had to replace that and add the vent details, and paint it.

At that point it lacked lettering. Fortunately, in the decal supply I found enough scrap decals from HO and I think O sets to put this together nicely. The letters of "tap room" were rearranged to form the word troop, and sleeper was there in the set. "Pullman" is almost exactly the right size.

Also note the car is on Graceline or Transportation Models "troop trucks," upgraded by a prior owner with Schorr wheels. It still barely rolls, but as a shelf model this is a great car, very happy to have this sharp example of this rare model.

No comments: