The online magazine on the history and operation of vintage scale model trains in American OO gauge

Monday, August 17, 2009

An Orient GP-7

Following up on the post on the Kemtron GP-7, the decals are done on my model.

Click on the photo for a larger view. I am very happy how it looks, and it runs OK (but not great) with the Tyco drive. It is a drive option to consider in OO today, at least the wheelbase is correct, but at some point I want to put a better drive in this model. For sure my best locomotive in terms of operation is the Davis E-7A with the modified Athearn PA-1 drives.

On the down side, I have now used up my entire supply of yellow alphabet sets of the size to letter locomotives for the Orient, but at least as of now there are no more models in line for these decals, and the current plan is to focus on passenger cars this fall.

No comments: